The purpose of the Middle Level Consortium is to promote effective practice in middle level teaching through advocacy, collaboration, and scholarship. To this end we will:
- Recognize and support middle level educators who teach programs and use methodology associated with developmentally appropriate practices and who provide excellent mentorship to preservice teachers.
- Promote, support, and discuss versatile preparation for preservice and licensed teachers that incorporates methodology associated with developmentally appropriate practices at the middle level.
- Network with middle level advocates to promote effective and quality middle level preparation.
- Conduct and disseminate systematic research that contributes to the knowledge base to further the education of early adolescents, middle level teachers, and middle level teacher educators.
- Consult with and advise agencies regarding middle level licensure and policy issues.